AAA’s national traffic safety initiatives have helped teach generations of motorists how to be safer drivers and protect them from crashes. Well known as the nation’s largest organization for motorists, AAA continues to offer a wide range of general safety tips for drivers to protect them on the roadway.
For your safety as a driver:
- Keep your doors locked, safety belts buckled and children safe and secure in properly installed safety seats.
- Don't let your gas tank fall below 1/3 tank.
- Stay on main roads and highways.
- Pack a flashlight, blanket and a first-aid kit. In cold climates, pack extra warm clothing.
- If you are going on a long trip, pack an emergency ration kit of water and nonperishable food items such as fruit or granola bars.
- Carry a cellular phone in case of emergencies.
- If stopping during nighttime travel, choose a well-lighted, populated facility.
If your car breaks down:
Only roll down the window enough to respond to questions until law enforcement arrives.
- Move your vehicle off the road safely away from traffic. Stay inside your vehicle and make all passengers stay inside as well. Keep doors locked.
- If you can't move your vehicle off the road, ask all passengers to exit the vehicle, when it is safe to do so, and stand away from traffic.
- Raise the vehicle's hood, tie a white cloth to a door handle or use reflective triangles or flares.
Contact us today for Minneapolis car insurance quote at 651-264-1230.