The summer is a great time to sight see while traveling. However, it’s easy to forget safety when you’re having such a great time. AAA offers the following tips to keep everyone safe while sightseeing:
- Always consult a map so you will know where you’re going before you actually go.
- Take the slower route; it’s usually easier and safer than the quickest route.
- Avoid traveling alone and when it’s dark. If you happen to get lost, stay calm.
- Be aware of your surroundings and do not hesitate to make a scene if you feel as if your safety is in danger.
- When sightseeing with children, keep the family together and tell your kids what to do if they get lost.
- Repeat safety warnings and remind children not to talk to strangers.
- Never leave kids alone even if they need a bathroom break.
- Give your children whistles or something that will make them stand out in a crowd in case you happen to get separated.